Seasoned Slip-And-Fall Accident Attorneys In Connecticut Handle Lawsuits For Injured Clients
One second, you’re walking through an aisle of a grocery store you’ve visited a hundred times; the next, you’ve lost your footing and are desperately reaching out for a way to stop your fall. Our experienced personal injury attorneys at MeehanLaw, LLC, in Connecticut, represent individuals hurt in Fairfield County slip and fall accidents. When someone else is to blame for unsafe property conditions that leave you with medical bills and other costs, we work to help you recover monetary damages that address your losses.
Respected Firm Represents Individuals Suffering A Range Of Slip And Fall Injuries
Wet and slippery floors regularly cause injuries requiring medical treatment. Walkways present dangers when they are damaged or poorly lit or littered with debris or obstructions. Connecticut residents must also be wary of sidewalks and parking lots that are not sanded or salted properly before a winter storm or that go unshoveled after one. Common slip, trip and fall injuries include:
- Fractures — You may extend your arms to lessen the impact of a fall and end up with a broken wrist. Hundreds of thousands of people are hospitalized for fall-related hip fractures every year. Foot, limb and facial fractures may also occur.
- Head and brain injuries — If you strike your head, a medical evaluation is essential whether symptoms are apparent or not. Traumatic brain injuries can have long-term effects that seriously prohibit normal life activities.
- Spinal cord injuries — Landing on your back may damage your nerves, spinal cord discs or vertebrae, leading to chronic and severe pain and, in some cases, paralysis.
- Sprains and strains — A fall can cause you to land in an unnatural position, resulting in a stretched or torn ligament, tendon or muscle, potentially requiring surgery.
- Cuts and bruises — A laceration might require stitches, while extensive bruising could limit your mobility and require days off of work.
MeehanLaw, LLC, has provided reliable legal representation to Connecticut residents injured in falls since 1961. Our personal injury lawyers strive to settle premises liability lawsuits efficiently. In tragic cases when a life is lost, we handle wrongful death actions with care and professionalism.
Thorough Attorneys Help Prove Property Owner Negligence
Property owners must maintain their premises safe for those who have a legal right to be on them. If you are hurt through a slip-and-fall accident because of a hazardous condition that the owner knew or should have known about, you may be able to recover damages. Connecticut’s modified comparative negligence standard allows you to sue if you are not more than 50% responsible for the accident, but if you bear any liability, your award will be reduced by your percentage of fault. For example, if you trip in a parking lot pothole while you are texting, it may be determined that the parking lot owner is 80% at fault. Under the terms of a settlement or verdict, your compensation would be reduced by 20%.
It’s important to act in a timely manner: you have two years from the date of the injury to file an injury claim in Connecticut. When you speak with us promptly after your accident, we assess the strength of your case and can begin collecting evidence, such as security camera footage and witness testimony to demonstrate the negligence of property owners. We will then pursue compensation to cover your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and any other relevant expenses that stemmed from the accident.
Contact Accomplished Slip-And-Fall Litigators To Schedule A Free Initial Consultation
Recovering after a slip and fall can be less stressful when determined personal injury lawyers advocate for your best interests. MeehanLaw, LLC, offers quality representation to people throughout Fairfield County. To schedule a free initial consultation at our office, call us at 203-664-8059 or contact us online.