Accomplished Wrongful Death Attorneys Assisting Bereaved Families
Fairfield County is often described as an idyllic place to live, but the pain of losing a loved one due to someone’s reckless, negligent or intentional actions can make even the most beautiful place unbearable. At MeehanLaw, LLC, we file Connecticut wrongful death lawsuits on behalf of estate representatives, seeking fair compensation. The estate representative can seek monetary damages for expenses tied to death. Though no amount of money can heal grief, we can help you cover bills and achieve a measure of justice.
Determined Litigators Handle A Range Of Wrongful Death Actions
Our personal injury attorneys handle each wrongful death claim with the sensitivity, urgency and advocacy it deserves. We take on cases that involve:
- Vehicular accidents – Drunk, reckless and distracted drivers should be held accountable for everything they take away in car accidents and truck accidents.
- Workplace accidents – Employers owe a duty of care to their employees. When they breach this duty, they are responsible for the consequences. We can seek death benefits through workers’ comp.
- Slip and fall – A property owner who knowingly exposes guests to dangerous conditions may be found negligent for slips, trips and falls.
- Medical malpractice – We entrust health care providers with our lives. Those who fail to meet accepted standards of care should be held accountable.
- Birth injuries – Doctors go through extensive training to deliver babies safely. Neglecting that training can result in instant death or years of suffering for a child.
- Murder – Murder, manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide are among the violent crimes that rob victims and their loved ones of their future.
If a family member has lost his life for any of these reasons, we can seek damages on behalf of the estate, which will be distributed to the deceased’s selected inheritors as laid out in his will or established by state law if no will exists.
Experienced Lawyers Seek Just Compensation
To prove that a defendant was legally at fault, the plaintiff (estate representative) must show that the defendant’s actions caused injuries resulting in death, whether the death was instantaneous or occurred later. Depending on the circumstances, we will work to show that the defendant’s actions were negligent or intentional, that those actions led to the victim’s death and that the estate has suffered losses that should be compensated.
Our experienced wrongful death lawyers calculate damages based on the facts of the case and the life the victim led prior to his or her death. We can seek damages to cover the costs of the victim’s
- Reasonably necessary medical, hospital and nursing services
- Funeral expenses
- Lost earning capacity
- Conscious pain and suffering
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life’s activities
If a defendant’s deliberate or reckless actions substantially contributed to a death, Connecticut law allows the estate representative to seek double or triple damages.
Proven Advocates Take Prompt Action On Wrongful Death Claims
In Connecticut, a wrongful death claim must be brought within two years of the incident that caused the death. When you seek our help, we will act promptly and thoroughly to pursue the justice you deserve.
Contact Caring Lawyers For A Free Initial Consultation About Wrongful Death Claims
Located in Connecticut, the attorneys at MeehanLaw, LLC, pursue just compensation for the estates of wrongful death victims. To schedule a free initial consultation with one of our knowledgeable lawyers, call us at 203-664-8059 or contact us online.